1. What do I need to bring to the expo to pick up my packet?
- Runners must bring their e-registrations (e-mailed to you the week before the race)
- Email email@example.com if you did not receive e-card by 3 pm on Tuesday, October 14.
2. What are the start times for each race? Where does each race start?
Due to increased security measures runners are advised to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their race.
a. Full Marathon and Team Relay
- Start Line: S. Paca & Camden Streets
- Start Time: 7:00am
b. Half Marathon
- Start Line: Pratt & Light Streets
- Start Time: 8:45am
- Start Line: S. Paca & Camden Streets
- Start Time: 7:20am
d. Kids Fun Run
- Start Area: All kids will meet in the kids fun zone and then will be walked to the starting line.
- Start Time: Kids will meet in Lot C at 8:20am (Races will start after the bulk of the 5K runners have passed (about 8:15am)).
3. Can I have a friend or family member pick up my packet for me?
- Yes, if you are unable to attend the expo hours, a friend or family member is allowed to pick up your packet for you. They will need to bring your e-registration card that you will receive via email the week of the race and a copy of your photo ID.
- You are limited to picking up ONE other race packet that is not yours. (Relay teams count as one packet. Kids Fun Run participant do not count toward your limit.)
- If we implement "Plan B", you may pick up for more than one other person.
- No packets or t-shirts will be mailed out before or after the race.
- There is NO RACE MORNING packet pick up.
- Kids Fun Run participants are required to print out an e-registration to claim their bibs and shirts. Pre-registered fun runners will get an email sent to the email address associated with their registration just like all adult participants. Our e-registration restriction of picking up one additional packet and ID requirements does not apply for the kids fun run. We do not expect kids to have ID's nor the capability of picking up their own packet.
4. Can I upgrade to a longer distance?
- Yes, as long as space remains in the race you wish to enter you can upgrade to a longer distance at the Expo.
5. Can I downgrade to a shorter distance?
- Yes, as long as space remains in the race you wish to enter you can downgrade to a shorter distance at the Expo. The 5K and Team Relay are no longer options because they have sold out.
6. I cannot make the race this year; can I get a refund or transfer my race entry to another participant?
- No, unfortunately we do not allow transfers or refunds. You may be able to defer until next year.
7. I cannot make the race this year; can I defer my entry until next year?
- No, DEFERMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY October 10, 2014 to be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
8. I have a team in the Team Relay, and one of the members can no longer participate, can I replace them with another person?
- Any changes to an existing Team Relay must be made at the Expo. Fill out this registration form for any new or unregistered team members.
9. Can I have my race packet sent to me?
- No, we do not send out any race packets.
10. I cannot make the race, but I would still like to receive my premium item.
- You can receive your premium item if you or someone on your behalf comes to the Health & Fitness Expo. Premium items will NOT be sent before or after the race.
11. Can I change information on my registration?
- You can make changes to your existing registration at the Expo.
12. I have completed the Frederick Marathon and I am registered for the Baltimore Marathon can I be added to the Maryland Double list?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks after the race about receiving your medal if you are not on the list. The deadline to be added to the list was Aug 1.
13. I have not received a confirmation email, how can I make sure I am registered?
- Visit this link to see if you are registered. Confirmation number is located at the very bottom of the email you receive. If you still do not see your name please send an email to email@example.com requesting confirmation of your registration.
14. How do I receive information regarding the Elite Athlete program?
15. Will there be a bag check at the race?
- Yes there will be a bag check at the race. Runners are required to place belongings in the clear bags given out at the expo. No oversized bags or luggage will be accepted. All bags are subject to search. Please arrive extra early if you plan on checking a bag due to increased security.
16. Can I wear headphones during the race?
- The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, the Baltimore Running Festival encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the event
We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line.
Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone. If wearing an IPod or other audio device results in you being unable to hear verbal instructions or commands; approaching vehicles or course marshals on foot or on bicycles, you may be asked to relinquish the device.
Please note that those competing in the Baltimore Running Festival for awards or prize money may not use such devices and will not be eligible for any award or prize money if such device is worn. USA Track & Field Rule 144.3, states that the visible possession or use by athletes of video, audio, or communications devices in the competition area (which includes IPods, MP3 and other musical devices) is considered assistance and is therefore are prohibited.
17. How do I change my shirt size?
- At the expo we will have exchange bins right near the tables where you pick up your race shirts. You will have to sift through the bin(s) to try and find your desired size/race. If you see the one you want, just trade/exchange the shirt you have for the one in the bin.
18. What do I need to know about the Light Rail?
19. What am I permitted to bring on race day and what is prohibited?
- A list of prohibited items is available here.
20. Still have a question?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org Include your full name, confirmation number, and as much information as possible about your question. It is much easier and faster for us to return emails rather than voicemails. Thank you!