RunFest to Finish at Inner Harbor
Big News Baltimore! This year, all the races of the Baltimore Running Festival will Finish on Pratt Street right in the heart of the Famous & Iconic Inner Harbor! On Oct 21, you will now finish in the shadow of the USS Constellation and celebrate your run along the waterfront promenade through McKeldin Square, West Shore Park and Rash field.
Lee Corrigan, president of Corrigan Sports Enterprises and the event’s executive race director, said, “We felt it was time to infuse the festival with some new energy by utilizing the iconic Inner Harbor’s beauty as the new backdrop for our finish line and post race celebration. Runners and their families are now at the doorstep of the city’s great restaurants, hotels, business and tourist attractions. Our new setup will offer countless entertainment options within walking distance compared to our previous finish line between the two stadiums.”
The Inner Harbor finish location means more free parking, more live entertainment and a scenic and festive environment for runners and fans alike!
Additional benefits of the move include:
- New flat 5K course with scenic views of the Harbor
- Gear check now conveniently located at all race start lines (buses will move bags from the full marathon start at Camden Yards to the Inner Harbor.)
- Expansion of the BGE Home Celebration Village from McKeldin Square to Rash Field allows for future field growth.
- Tons of additional free parking spots in stadium lots B & C
- Hundreds of hotel beds now within steps of the finish line and celebration village
- Three Inner Harbor band locations and additional beer gardens serving DogFish Head beer
The change will not effect the start line of the full marathon, team relay or half-marathon. In addition, the full, half and relay courses will change very little when compared to previous years. The 5k will have a new course that starts and finishes in the Inner Harbor.
You can view the course maps and turn-by-turn directions on the respective race page of this website.
Register today and get ready to enjoy this Charm City favorite on October 21!