26.2 Mile Challenge Added to Virtual Event Lineup
Introducing the 2020 Baltimore 26.2 Mile Challenge. Participants will be challenged to run, walk or jog 26.2 miles over the first 17 days of October (or whenever you wish). They can choose to complete their miles wherever they feel most comfortable– on a road, a track or a treadmill. They will cover the miles over the course of several days- 1.54 miles each day for 17 days or maybe 3 miles a day with a few days off. The goal is to knock down the barriers and invite as many people as possible to join the fun.
There is a saying- A rising tide lifts all ships. With the number of gyms, yoga studios, and cross fit centers that have shut down for social distancing as well as some tennis, pickleball and basketball courts being off limits, there are more people out there running, jogging and walking than ever before.
Just think, if we can add more participants to the race day mix maybe that running specialty store around the corner can get back on their feet a little faster. And maybe there will be enough runners to add a new RRCA club to your area. Maybe your favorite charity can increase their fundraising by partnering with a running event like the Baltimore Running Festival. Or maybe a new passionate runner will start a Girls on the Run chapter at your local elementary school.
Participants in the 2020 virtual event will receive the following benefits:
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace over the course of several days in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design. Shipments are schedule prior to Oct. 17, 2020 (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Priority Registration and a 15% savings off your 2021 live race entry fee.
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 race entries and merchandise.