In Uncategorized


As of July 1 we still are planning for a live race date on October 17, 2020 for the Baltimore Running Festival.  As the state and country continue to slowly open, we are hopeful that this can still happen.  We still have several hurdles to overcome but our plan is to hold out as long as we can to assure that we make informed decisions with our participants, volunteers, sponsors and staff in mind.

Regardless, we do know the 2020 Baltimore Running Festival is going to look very different than previous years.  Things like no post-race festivities, wave starts and muted expo activities seem likely with any live event this year.

With that in mind, celebrating our 20th Running of the Baltimore Running Festival in a manner that properly honors our participants and the event’s history is unlikely.  Therefore, we have made the decision to celebrate our 2021 event as the 20th Anniversary and put on a party like only Corrigan Sports and Charm City can!

We have made adjustments to our 20 Years logo and plan to use it on 2021’s premiums, medals and other celebratory features.  The new 2020 event shirts and crab medal designs will be released again in the coming weeks.  Keep an eye out for the re-introduction of those items soon.

At this time, we are also providing our current registrants with some options should they already know their plans for 2020:


  • If you still plan to run on October 17th or have not yet made your decision – there is nothing that you need to do on your end. Your registration will remain active and you can update your decision until September 15.

OPTION 2: Run the Virtual Baltimore Running Festival (ACTION REQUIRED; DEADLINE 9/15)

  • Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
  • Virtual participants will receive this year’s premium(s) and race medal(s) in the mail in October without incurring additional charges
  • To choose the virtual option, follow these steps:
    • Log into RunSignUp and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
    • Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Baltimore Running Festival Registration
    • Click ADD-ONS tab
    • Select the GO VIRTUAL add-on and provide the mailing address to have your gear shipped
    • Click Confirm Payment
  • If you choose to switch to virtual, please do so by Sept. 15, 2020


  • If you choose not to participate in the 2020 Baltimore Running Festival in any capacity, you can defer your entry until next year’s event (tentative October 9, 2021).
  • You must make your deferment decision prior to Sept. 15, 2020. There is no charge to defer.
  • Deferred entries will not receive this year’s race premiums
  • To complete your deferral, follow these steps:


Per our policy which every runner agrees to during the online registration & waiver process with a required check box, CSE does not offer registration refunds.


CSE appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding as we continue to make difficult decisions that are in the best interest of our runners and for Baltimore as a whole. Stay safe everyone.



Just a quick Baltimore Running Festival update to let you know what we’ve been doing since we last touched base.

Our intentions are still to conduct the Baltimore RunFest on October 17. Since we’ve last corresponded with you, Lee Corrigan and the staff at Corrigan Sports has been working diligently with Maryland Governor Larry Hogan’s Sports Advisory group to create new safety measures for large endurance events along with professional, amateur and youth athletics. It is an honor to serve in such a capacity and we thank the Governor for including us on his team.

Our philosophy on the race is to be as patient as possible. First and foremost, our first responders and local health officials remain engaged with their respective roles addressing the pandemic. At this time, we have not had the opportunity to meet with any local health departments or public safety officials yet. When we do, we will present our safety plans and, combined with their analysis of local pandemic metrics, city health officials will ultimately determine if we can host the event with our proposed modifications.

We hope as time evolves and we draw closer to race date, the data local and state health officials rely on to gradually open up the economy and other services has more time to trend in a positive direction.

Once we receive official approval to move forward, we will immediately share the good news as well as publish the safety steps and precautions we will implement.  In addition, we will offer participation options so you can make a personal decision about your involvement. We know everyone has unique concerns. Our goal is to host a safe event where, with reasonable adjustments, most runners feel comfortable running in a public setting. AT NO TIME WILL WE EVER JEOPARDIZE RUNNER SAFETY.

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy and keep training!


The safety of our participants, volunteers, fans and our staff remains our top priority as we monitor the spread of the Coronavirus while preparing for the Oct 17 Baltimore Running Festival.  As of now, the race is still on as scheduled.  We must defer to the guidance of local, state and federal health experts as we continue to learn more about this pandemic on a daily basis. If plans for the event should change, we will update you with further information and details immediately.

CSE appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters to do what is best for the community as a whole.

Recent Posts