In Uncategorized


Just a quick Baltimore Running Festival update to let you know what we’ve been doing since we last touched base.

Our intentions are still to conduct the Baltimore RunFest on October 17. Since we’ve last corresponded with you, Lee Corrigan and the staff at Corrigan Sports has been working diligently with Maryland Governor Larry Hogan’s Sports Advisory group to create new safety measures for large endurance events along with professional, amateur and youth athletics.  It is an honor to serve in such a capacity and we thank the Governor for including us on his team.

Our philosophy on the Baltimore RunFest remains to be as patient as possible. First and foremost, our first responders and local health officials remain engaged with their respective roles addressing the pandemic. At this time, we have not had the opportunity to meet with any local health departments or public safety officials yet. When we do, we will present our safety plans and, combined with their analysis of local pandemic metrics, city health officials will ultimately determine if we can host the event with our proposed modifications.

Secondly, we hope as time evolves and we draw closer to race date, the data local and state health officials rely on to gradually open up the economy and other services has more time to trend in a positive direction.

Once we receive official approval to move forward, we will immediately share the good news as well as publish the safety steps and precautions we will implement so you can make a personal decision about your participation. We know everyone has unique concerns. Our goal is to host a safe event where, with reasonable adjustments, most runners feel comfortable running in a public setting. AT NO TIME WILL WE EVER JEOPARDIZE RUNNER SAFETY.

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy and keep training!


The safety of our participants, volunteers, fans and our staff remains our top priority as we monitor the spread of the Coronavirus while preparing for the Oct 17 Baltimore Running Festival.  As of now, the race is still on as scheduled.  We must defer to the guidance of local, state and federal health experts as we continue to learn more about this pandemic on a daily basis. If plans for the event should change, we will update you with further information and details immediately.

CSE appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters to do what is best for the community as a whole.

Recent Posts