REGISTRATION & REGISTRATION CHANGE QUESTIONS
*Please note if you are registered for a race package i.e The MD Double, King Crab your registration won’t appear in this search until the previous race in the series has been completed.
Yes, as long as space remains in the race you wish to enter you can upgrade to a longer distance. To do so please click here to manage your registration and select to pay the price difference and change races. The deadline to change your race level is Friday, October 13.
If you registered for the MD Double, King Crab, from a deferment, or offline you will need to email [email protected] to make the change.
If you want to change your shirt size please click here to log in to your registration to make the change. At the expo we will have exchange bins right near the tables where you pick up your race shirts. You will have to sift through the bin(s) to try and find your desired size/race. If you see the one you want, just trade/exchange the shirt you have for the one in the bin.
Yes, as long as space remains in the race you wish to enter you can downgrade to a shorter distance. To do so please click here to manage your registration and change races. There are no refunds for downgrades. Depending on when you registered you may be subject to paying the price difference should the prices have increased. If you registered for the King Crab, MD Double, from a deferment, or offline you will need to email [email protected] to make the change. The deadline for changing your race level is Friday, October 6.
No, unfortunately we do not allow transfers or refunds. You may be able to defer until next year. The deadline to defer is Friday, October 13.
Yes, you can defer your entry until next year there is a $25 processing fee to do so. To take advantage of this offer please log in to your registration and then select “defer.”
For relay teams that wish to defer their team, they will see an option in the relay team portal. Once they have deferred, them and all team members will automatically be deferred. If you are a Maryland Double or King Crab Challenge participant please email [email protected] to defer (you will need to mail us the deferral fee). DEFERMENT FEES MUST BE RECEIVED BY October 13, 2017 to be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Yes, your team captain can log in to the captains portal to manage the team including adding/replacing members.
If you’ve already registered for either the Baltimore Half Marathon or ShopRite 5K, you need to register for the other distance. Once you are registered for both race distances you need to fill out this form to link the races together. The deadline to link your races for the BaltiMoron-a-Thon is Oct 6 so we have time to print the correct bibs.
If you have not registered for either race level, you can register for the BaltiMoron on the registration page to save yourself the linking process and $5.
The deadline to link your races for the Maryland Double do was Aug 1 so we have time to order the medals. If you would like to be added to the wait list please email [email protected].
The deadline to link your races together for the King Crab Challenge was Aug 1 so we have time to order the medals. If you would like to be added to the wait list please email [email protected].
PACKET PICK-UP QUESTIONS
- Runners must know their bib number (e-mailed to you on Monday, Oct. 16 by 2pm.) We prefer you print out the email prior to your arrival.
- If you do not receive this email by Monday, Oct. 16 by 2pm DO NOT PANIC! Simply email [email protected] and we will provide some trouble shooting tips.
- Lyft is the preferred transportation partner of the Baltimore Running Festival. VISIT HERE for info on Special Pick-Up/Drop-Off Zones and on ride discounts.
- The Maryland Stadium Authority will offer Lots F and G for DISCOUNTED PARKING during the expo. These lots are within a walking distance from the convention center– about .75 mile. There is also the option to take the Light Rail from the Hamburg St. station located Lot G two stops to the Convention Center stop. Several paid lots are located near the Convention Center if you choose to pay to park. (see map on the previous page of this booklet.)
- We will be providing a free courtesy shuttle to the expo from lots F and G. It is about a 15-minute bus ride each way. The shuttle stop will be located on the curbside island between lots G & H (see the adjacent map and look for the shuttle bus flag) from 11:30am-8:30pm each day of the expo.
- Yes, if you are unable to attend the expo hours, a friend or family member is allowed to pick up your packet for you. They will need to bring your bib number (that you will receive via email the week of the race) AND a copy of your photo ID.
- You are limited to picking up ONE other race packet that is not yours. (Relay teams count as one packet. Kids Fun Run participant do not count toward your limit.)
- No packets or t-shirts will be mailed out before or after the race.
- There is NO RACE MORNING packet pick up.
- Kids Fun Run participants are asked to claim their bibs and shirts at the expo. Pre-registered fun runners will get an email sent to the email address associated with their registration just like all adult participants. Our restriction of picking up one additional packet and ID requirements does not apply for the kids fun run. We do not expect kids to have ID’s nor the capability of picking up their own packet.
You can receive your premium item if you or someone on your behalf comes to the Health & Fitness Expo. Premium items will not be sent before or after the race.
No, we do not send out any race packets.
RACE DAY QUESTIONS
Due to increased security measures runners are advised to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their race.
Full Marathon and Team Relay
- Start Line: S. Paca & Camden Streets
- Start Time: 8:00am
*same as 2016*
- Start Line: Pratt & Light Streets
- Start Time: 9:45am
*same as 2016*
- Start Line: Pratt & Light Streets
- Start Time: 7:30am
*new for 2017*
Kids Fun Run
- Start Area: All kids will meet in the kids fun zone near the Science Center and Rash Field and then will be walked to the starting line at Rash Field.
- Start Time: Kids Fun Run blue division (8-12) begins at 9:20 and the red division (7 and under) begins at 9:30.
*new for 2017*
Lyft is the preferred transportation partner of the Baltimore Running Festival. VISIT HERE for info on Special Pick-Up/Drop-Off Zones and on ride discounts.
The stadium parking lots are under 1 mile from the finish line area (0.87 miles exactly, from the middle of Lots B & C). However, depending on your specific parking space and your walking route this distance will vary. On race day, free parking is available in stadium lots A, B, C, D, F, G, H, J and N. Additional paid lots are available throughout the city.
For a walking map, please click here.
Public Transportation remains a great option for race day travel with Light Rail stops at Camden Yards and the Convention Center for race day use. LEARN MORE here.
To view an interactive map of all road closures and times please click here.
The full marathon will have pacers, while the half marathon will not. For more information on the organization providing pacers, please click here.
Please contact Clay Shaw for information regarding Elite runners: [email protected] or 717-887-6716.
Yes there will be a bag check at the race. Runners are required to place belongings in the clear bags given out at the expo. No oversized bags or luggage will be accepted. All bags are subject to search. Please arrive extra early if you plan on checking a bag due to increased security.
Bag check will be open from 6:30a-1:30p. After this time, unclaimed bags will be relocated to the information tent.
Marathon & Relay Runners: bag check buses will be available near the stadium lots, after the start of the marathon and relay the buses will relocate to the Inner Harbor behind West Shore Park and the Visitors Center for bag retrieval.
Half Marathon & 5K Runners: bag check tent will be available behind the Visitor Center, near your start line
A list of prohibited items is available here.
Near Parking Lots / Marathon Start:
- Camden Yards will have bathrooms open along Russell St
- Porta-john’s will also be located:
- Along Russell St
- At Camden St & Paca St
- Along Hamburg St (near the relay buses)
Near Celebration Village:
- At McKeldin Sq along Pratt St
- Near West Shore Park / the Visitor’s Center
- At Rash Field
At every water stop there will be at least 2 porta-john’s.
If you are starting in relay leg 1 or 3, you will have a bus pick you up from the relay exchange point. The bus will drop you off at the corner of Howard & Pratt Sts, you can then walk down Pratt St to the finish line and enter the runner’s village in McKeldin Sq through the relay entrance at the corner of Pratt & Light Sts to claim your medal.
If you are starting leg 2 you will finish at the Science Center and walk up Light St to the corner of Pratt & Light Sts where you can enter the runner’s village in McKeldin Sq through the relay entrance to claim your medal.
Leg 4 will finish at the finish line and will be directed to claim their medal.
The use of personal music devices is permitted. However, To enjoy all that our event has to offer and for the safety of all participants, the Baltimore Running Festival encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of all its race distances.
Runners competing for awards or prize money may not use headphones of any kind, and will not be eligible for any award or prize money if such a device is worn. USA Track & Field Rule 144.3, states that the visible possession or use by athletes of video, audio, or communications devices in the competition area (which includes iPods, MP3 and other musical devices) is considered assistance and is therefore are prohibited.
If you chose to use headphones, please be respectful of the other participants and the race officials by keeping your volume to a minimum. If wearing headphones results in your being unable to hear verbal instructions or commands from race officials, you will be asked to relinquish the device.
If you plan to use the Motigo app on race day, we request you set your volume at a level low enough to still hear your surroundings, or run with only 1 headphone in your ear.
Light Rail Map: http://mta.maryland.gov/light-rail
Light Rail Station and Parking Information: http://mta.maryland.gov/light-rail-stationparking-info
CharmCard® is a rechargeable smart fare card you can use on Local Bus, Light Rail and Metro Subway.
Purchase Charm Card online: http://www.mtacharmcard.com/getcharmcard/online.htm
Purchase at Retail Locations: http://www.mtacharmcard.com/getcharmcard/retail.php
Please email [email protected] Include your full name, confirmation number, and as much information as possible about your question. It is much easier and faster for us to return emails rather than voicemails. Thank you!