2022 BANDS ON THE RUN
The Baltimore Running Festival has a program in place that we have done in the past. The Bands on the Run program will feature up to 15 bands on the course playing for the runners as the take their 26.2 mile foot tour of Charm City in celebration of the event.
We are currently looking for bands to help populate the course and cheer runners on as they run along the marathon route. Race day is Oct. 15, 2022. Times vary depending on the location you are on the course. All types of musical acts are welcome—garage bands, acoustic groups, street performers, choirs, groups, individuals, horn sections, cover bands, etc.
Each musical act will be given a small stipend about two weeks after the event to cover some expenses. To receive the stipend, bands must submit race day photos and complete on online form for payment. Please note that some course locations have power and others do not. It is the band’s responsibility to determine ahead of time the best location for their load in and travel needs.
Below are the pre-approved locations along the course plus a general time frame. Please rank your first three choices in the survey below as they are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
Locations & Estimated Time
- 8 – 8:30am- Corner of McCulloh and MLK Blvd at the Wendy’s
- 8 – 8:45am- McCulloh and North Ave on the sidewalk in front of the BP gas station
- 8 – 9am- Infront of the Zoo. (Location TBA)
- 8 – 9:30am- Near Ralph Jones Jr Building on East Dr. (near tennis and basketball courts) –RESERVED
- 8 – 9:45am- Wyman Park Drive and W 31st across from Hopkins
- 8 – 10am- St. Pauls and North Ave in front of the KFC
- 8:30 – 10:15am- St Pauls across from Mercy Hospital in grass(right side)
- 8:30 – 10:45am- Key Highway and Jackson (right side) 1302 Key Highway
- 9am – 12:15pm- O’Donnell and Boston near the Safeway
- 9:15am – 12:45pm-Eager and Washington in front of Leon’s Produce
- 9:30am – 1:15pm-Lake Clifton High School, St. Lo Drive
- 9:50am – 2pm- 33rd and Frisbee in front of Giant on the Median