We all have non-running friends who think that runners are a little off. They can’t understand why you do it and might event even call you names behind your back. Runners, on the other hand, KNOW they are a little crazy and are proud to boast about it!
The Baltimore Running Festival has come up with a way for our wildest runners to get their kicks and poke a little fun at the fact that most people think they are nuts!
Register early the BaltiMORON-a-thon!
When will I do this?
This year, the race will be run virtually on the course of your choice. As we approach race day, we will provide tips on how to create your own race route.
Once we return to live racing in 2021, here is what you can expect:
The 5K will start at 7:30AM and the half marathon at 9:45AM.
(The start lines are the same location for each race.)
What do I get for being a BaltiMORON?
Participants in the 2020 virtual event will receive the following benefits:
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design. Shipments are schedule prior to Oct. 17, 2020 (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 race entries and merchandise.
Once we return to a live event in 2021, runners participating in the Full Marathon can expect the following:
- A special bib
- 5K medal, half-marathon medal and an special Balti-Moron medal
- A savings of up to $5 versus registering for the races separately
- 5K shirt and half marathon shirt
- A reason to say “I am truly a Baltimoron!”
How do I register?
From the online registration page of the website, you will see a special category called the BaltiMORON-a-thon! Select this category to enroll in both the 5K and half-marathon at once and receive your special BaltiMORON-a-thon discount.
But what if I am already registered for the 5k or half marathon?
Register for both distances and then submit your confirmation numbers for each race on this form. The deadline to submit the form is Friday, October 2. PLEASE NOTE: If you registered for the two distances separately, you are not eligible for your discounted rate.
What else do I need to know before becoming a BaltiMORON?
We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design. Shipments are schedule prior to Oct. 17, 2020 (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
Once we return to live racing in 2021, here is what to expect:
Medals will be distributed following the completion of the half-marathon. Your special bib will be distributed at the expo and will help our volunteers and everyone else identify you as a BaltiMORON-a-thon participant (and let them know to run the other way…very quickly!).
What if I am really fast?
A prize will be awarded for the 1st place overall male & female Baltimoron-a-thon registrant – based on your combined finishing chip time in the 5K & Half.
Due to the nature of the time yourself element, there will be no age group awards awarded during the 2020 virtual race. However those who register will be eligible for random prize giveaways throughout the training period on our social media pages as well as in the packet mailing when we will give away hundreds of free or discounted entries as well as other prizes and deals from our sponsors.
Once we return to a live event, runners can expect the following:
Registered participants are also eligible for overall awards and age group awards in the individual events.
Awards Ceremony: The Awards Ceremony will take place at the Main Stage in West Shore Park at 12:00pm. Only the Overall Winners from the full marathon, half marathon, team relay, and Balti-Moron will be awarded at the ceremony. (5K Awards Ceremony will be at 9:00am).