A NEW RACE DISTANCE OPEN TO EVERYONE
This year, we can do VIRTUALLY anything we want! So in order allow our Team Relay participants to complete their distance at their own pace and time while socially distancing from their teammates, AND to give Baltimore Running Festival participants some added flexibility or a new challenge to try, we are adding a 10K distance.
In a typical year, each team relay member completes about 6 miles for their leg. Because we cannot offer the same relay logistics in a virtual race, we have made the decision to offer a 10k (6.2 miles) so relay members can do the same distance on their own. All registrants who previously registered as a member of a relay team have been switched to a 10K.
BUT ANYONE CAN REGISTER FOR THIS NEW DISTANCE!
- Any new registrants who want to take on the 10K distance are welcome to register HERE.
- Those who are signed up for a the marathon or the half-marathon and their training is not going as planned are able to downgrade to the 10K by following THESE STEPS
- Any one signed up for the 5k who would like to take on the 10k can upgrade by paying the difference in the entry fee by following THESE STEPS.
We are so excited to be able to share this AMAZING medal with you! All finishers will earn our famous “Crack the Crab” medal with special inner and outer messages to inspire you during this trying year.The outer shell challenges you to RUN as well as to BMORE. The inner shell revels our Charm City Toughness and reminds us that do not face our challenges alone.
This year, the race will be run virtually on the course of your choice. As we approach race day, we will provide some tips on creating your own race route. Once we return to a live event in 2021, it is unlikely we will be able to offer an individual 10k race.
Walkers Always Welcome!
In 2020, you can walk, run, crawl or skip your virtual race with no restrictions. Walk with your dog? Sure! Push a stroller? Your bet! Do your miles inside on a treadmill? You got it!
Participants in the 2020 virtual event will receive the following benefits:
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own course at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design. Shipments are schedule prior to Oct. 17, 2020 (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 race entries and merchandise.
- Priority Registration and a 15% Discount off your 2021 Race Entry
Packet Pick Up
In 2020, we’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design. Our target shipment date is prior to Oct. 17, 2020 (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
The 2020 virtual race will be self-timed. You will have the opportunity to print a race bib and report your finish time into the official race results.
Our wonderful medical partner Medstar Sports Health is there for you, even during your virtual race. Learn more HERE.
Once we return to a live event, MedStar Sports Health will provide medical support on the course and in the finish line area. The MedStar staff will include certified doctors, registered nurses, physician assistants and EMTs and will provide the necessary medical attention to any patient in need. We are grateful to have MedStar Sports Health associated with the event.
We encourage you to plan out your hydration program when running the 2020 event virtually. Gatorade Endurance Formula is available in 34 ounce and 24 ounce sport bottles at major grocery and convenience stores nationwide, and Gatorade Endurance Formula powder is available at specialty athletic stores and at www.gatorade.com/endurance.
Hüma is the Official Race Gel and is available for your virtual run at https://humagel.com/
Gatorade Endurance Formula (Lemon-Lime flavor) will be served at each aid station along the course of this year’s race. Gatorade Endurance Formula is a specialized sports drink that contains approximately twice the amount of sodium (200 mg per 8 ounces) of Gatorade Thirst Quencher, along with chloride, potassium, magnesium and calcium to help sustain hydration by more fully replacing what is lost in sweat. Gatorade Endurance Formula also contains a 6% carbohydrate solution (14 grams per 8 ounces), just like Gatorade Thirst Quencher, which research shows is optimal to help speed fluid back into the body and fuel working muscles. Gatorade Endurance Formula is available in 34 ounce and 24 ounce sport bottles at major grocery and convenience stores nationwide, and Gatorade Endurance Formula powder is available at specialty athletic stores and at www.gatorade.com/endurance. For more information about Gatorade Endurance Formula, please visit www.itsonthecourse.com.
Due to the nature of the time yourself element, there will be no age group awards awarded during the 2020 virtual race. However those who register will be eligible for random prize giveaways throughout the training period on our social media pages as well as in the packet mailing when we will give away hundreds of free or discounted entries as well as other prizes and deals from our sponsors.
Past Age Group Awards
Age group awards are engraved key chains.