Once again this year, friends and family will be able to track marathon, half-marathon and 5K runners as well as relay teams out on the course. This is a FREE service.
Register online for the FREE Baltimore Running Festival runner tracking services, beginning Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 12 noon through Saturday, Oct. 29 at 7am (EDT). Use this helpful information to track your favorite runners, and to reunite with loved ones after the race. The message will provide the runner’s time, pace and expected ﬁnish time.
You will be able to receive tracking messages on your mobile phone via text messaging, or have posts placed on your Facebook account. Alerts are triggered when each runner’s individual timing chip crosses a timing mat that is part of the runner tracking system.
By tracking a runner, you will receive the following messages:
Full Marathon: Start 5.8, 10.9, 12.5, 18.8, 23.3, Finish
Half-Marathon: Start, 5.7, 10.2, Finish
Relay: Start, each exchange point, Finish
5K: Start, Finish
HOW TO REGISTER: (Tracking registration Opens on Oct. 16 at 12 noon)
1. For web based tracking click here: https://bit.ly/2R3GhPQ
2. For SMS, Facebook, or email notiﬁcations click here: https://bit.ly/2NJyWac
3. Click the add notiﬁcation button. For each athlete you want to track, enter their name or bib number to search, (relay teams can enter the bib number or team captain to track entire team).
4. Select the check box for the type of notiﬁcation you wish to receive.
5. The notiﬁcation signup asks for a limited amount of billing information, to generate an order. THE SERVICE IS FREE. It will not ask for any credit card data.
6. Be sure to click submit.