Cover 26.2 Miles Over 2 Weeks!
Join the new Virtual Baltimore 26.2 Mile Challenge. Participants will be challenged to run, walk or jog 26.2 miles over the course of several days. Our target date is for you to complete the challenge within 2 weeks, but we invite you to make the challenge your own and set you own goals for completion! You can choose to complete their miles wherever they feel most comfortable– on a road, a track or a treadmill. The goal is to knock down the barriers and invite as many people as possible to join the fun. Runners will be able to begin tracking their miles online on October 1, with the target that you will finish by race day, October 15.
Walkers Always Welcome!
In 2022, you can walk, run, crawl or skip your virtual race with no restrictions. Walk with your dog? Sure! Push a stroller? You bet! Do your miles inside on a treadmill? You got it!
A NEW OPPORTUNITY
There is a saying- A rising tide lifts all ships. With the number of gyms, yoga studios, and cross fit centers that have shut down for social distancing as well as some tennis, pickleball and basketball courts being off limits, there are more people out there running, jogging and walking than ever before.
Just think, if we can add more participants to the race day mix maybe that running specialty store around the corner can get back on their feet a little faster. And maybe there will be enough runners to add a new RRCA club to your area. Maybe your favorite charity can increase their fundraising by partnering with a running event like the Baltimore Running Festival. Or maybe a new passionate runner will start a Girls on the Run chapter at your local elementary school.
2022 MEDAL & Race Premiums
We are going all out for the 21st Anniversary Medal & Premiums. Details Coming Soon!
Participants in the 2022 virtual event will receive the following benefits:
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace over the course of several days in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design. Shipments are schedule prior to Oct. 15, 2022 (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2023 race entries and merchandise.